Meet Your Half Moon Bay Orthodontist
Dr. Alexa A. Alborzi is a speaker, teacher, author, community leader, humanitarian, and accomplished orthodontist. Since founding Alborzi Orthodontics in 1996, she’s successfully enriched the lives of over 8,500 patients and wants to do the same for you and your family.
- 27 Years Practicing Orthodontics
- 8,500+ Smiles Transformed
- 2000+ Invisalign Cases
- 14 years as Prof. of Orthodontics at UCSF
- 2 Books Written
Why an Orthodontist in Half Moon Bay?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Alborzi continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Alborzi has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Half Moon Bay Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Half Moon Bay orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Half Moon Bay orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.